Wednesday 19 January 2011

My New Years Resolution


It's that time of the year again, when men pledge to find themselves a woman, when women pledge to lose 10 lbs, and when dating websites and exercise videos go platinum.

Not this chick.

My 2011 New Years Resolution has nothing to do with finding true love (got it), losing 10 lbs (I like food, thanks) or getting a puppy.

Ok, it would be to get a puppy if Will didn't say no.

My desire for this year is simple.



To learn how to kill a man with my bare hands.



No lie.

After watching "Taken" with Laura and Will I decided that I needed to become an empowered woman. A fierce woman. A woman who, though she may seem feminine, knows how to break bones and cause mass chaos and panic if necessary. A woman who can walk the dark and dangerous streets of Oxford, England without fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUxdQ4q-Lg&feature=related <--the source of my inspiration, in case any one is curious.


I shared my rather violent resolution with my husband and he is thrilled. Boy, did I marry the right man or what! Will already has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and has talked about wanting to get back into martial arts as long as I've known him, so we decided that this would be a great hobby to try together. We've spent some time researching different martial arts gyms in the Oxford area and weighing our options. I've also spent a considerable amount of time researching different martial arts and have found my calling. Any one heard of Krav Maga?


Because EVERY woman should be able to take down a gunman.


If you're thinking "an eclectic hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel that involves wrestling, grappling and striking techniques, mostly known for its extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks, as it is also taught to elite special forces around the world," then you and Wikipedia are correct! We have found a gym that is currently working on hiring a Krav Maga instructor... once they have the new guy all set up we are planning to use our "visit one class for free" pass and see what its like when it's not on youtube. I CAN'T WAIT!


1 comment:

  1. you already are rather scrappy and hit pretty hard, so i'm sure you will be very successful and slightly terrifying to potential attackers

    ReplyDelete