Saturday 11 June 2011

Short-Lived Guilt


Dearest Readers,

I have guilt.

It's mostly guilt from not blogging frequently enough, but there is also a teensy bit of guilt for not doing more exciting things that would justify a blog entry. Some of you have so kindly told me that you are living vicariously through our exciting European adventures, and I love that--I really do! But on non-adventurous weeks I hesitate to tell you of my mundane European adventures. Mundane adventures like navigating the tricky and political system that is Summertown House's laundry room or my failed attempt to follow a simple British recipe for Fairy Cakes. It's been one heckuva fast-paced week, my friends.

But the fact of the matter is that I like writing. I like the process of mentally noting interesting blog topics, of spilling my observations, thoughts and humor (my Mom tells me I'm funny!) onto this site, of chronicling our time in a foreign country for posterity... so I'm out of excuses. I am redoubling my efforts to post more often and I will not let the guilt win, I tell you!

In keeping with my new found efforts of brutal and sometimes boring honesty, this post was originally going to tell you of how yucky May has been and how yucky June is thus far... until an amazing European adventure presented itself!! Because...


WE ARE GOING TO SPAIN!!!! ON WEDNESDAY!!! YES, THIS WEDNESDAY!!! FOR MY BIRTHDAY!! AND BY SPAIN I MEAN THE TINY ISLAND OF MAJORCA OFF THE COAST OF SPAIN!! I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!

I could almost cry at the thought of the warm sand!! It has been so COLD!

I am so beside myself with excitement that I can barely sit still long enough to finish typing this post!!!! Will found a cheap last minute deal online this morning while I was still asleep and we are spontaneously trading in this chilly island for a sunny get-away in just 4 days! We leave super early on Wednesday morning and return Saturday afternoon. Best birthday present ever. June, I apologize for my original intent to bad mouth you. You have made a sudden turn towards the fabulous and all is now forgiven.

Oh, and did I say that I had bloggers guilt? It's gone--all gone! I promise you exciting tales of sandy coves and blue Balearic waters when we return!

No comments:

Post a Comment