Thursday 8 December 2011

Thursdays

I'm going to make a pretty bold statement here.

I have THE best Thursdays. Ever.

They are the best because I spend them with these girls:


Meet Focus Table Four (most of them, anyway!)

These girls are undergrad students at Oxford. They are wicked smart (hello, it's Oxford), funny, beautiful, and hungry for the Gospel.


We meet every Thursday evening at Focus, the undergrad Bible study held by our church (St. Ebbes). This year we are studying the Gospel of Mark, exploring who Jesus is and how we are to respond to Him. The students are split up into tables of 6-8 students, with a senior leader and a junior leader. I was excited (and a little nervous) to be asked to lead a table... I had worked with junior high and high school kids before, but college? Am I old enough for that? Will they be interested in listening to the crazy American?



They keep coming back. And it's not because of my awesome jokes, believe me. It's because of Jesus. It's because of His Gospel. It's because of the Holy Spirit producing beautiful fruit in their souls. And I get to be a part of that. Every Thursday.





All photo credit goes to Karen Rice, one of my fabulous Table 4 girls.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to hear about your Thursdays -- I'm sure they're a mutual blessing for all involved!

    ReplyDelete