Thursday 22 December 2011

Dear Dad,

I don't know how many 24-year-old young women wake up and think "It's a Rod Stewart kind of day."

In fact, I don't know how many people wake up and think "It's a Rod Stewart kind of day."

But thanks to you, and your wonderful upbringing, I am that woman.


"I laughed at all of your jokes, my love you didn't need to coax..."


"Don't have much, but what I've got is yours, except of course my steel guitar..."

Thanks to you, I'm classy like that. And I can sing every line of "American Pie"... but that's a different kind of day. :)

Love,

Cakes


1 comment:

  1. Cakes -- It's gratifying to know I've had such a positive influence in your life... I guess it's not quite on the same level as the 30-something guy I work with whose Dad took him to a Grateful Dead concert when he was all of 4 years old, but at least you can thank me that I didn't leave you to the vast wasteland that was popular music of the 90s! ;-) Now I think I need to go listen to a little more vintage Rod, or maybe a few selections from "Madman Across the Water"... or "Who's Next"...

    D

    ReplyDelete