Tuesday 28 February 2012

My Fickle Heart (Part 2)

Where did I leave you...

Right. Hiking down Cader Idris soaking wet.

We returned to the car, cranked up the heat, and set out for Aberdovey--a small seaside village with a most beautiful coastline. Our drive took us through sheep fields, over a mountain ridge, and along the coast.

The sea!

Aberdovey was charming. Of course it was--this is Wales, after all! We warmed ourselves by a radiator in a little tea shop (Louise and I sat on the radiator in the tea shop), drinking tea and eating soup until we were mostly dry and warm enough to venture back outside and wander the shoreline for a few miles. I want to go back there once the weather warms up and just sprawl in the white sand for days.

The rows of colorful houses reminded us of New Orleans.

The signs in New Orleans, however, are slightly more intelligible.

Indulge me in a little Lyle Lovett... "If I had a boat..."

What a view.

Louise, standing in a very slow sink hole: "In two hours, I'll be a goner!"

Wales agrees with us.

Aberdovey at dusk.



No comments:

Post a Comment