Monday 11 April 2011

Springtime On A Sunday Afternoon




Spring has sprung! The weather has taken a turn for the glorious and, once again, I have discovered another season that I actually enjoy! First it was Fall and now Spring, too, has swept me off my feet. (FYI, I blame my Houston upbringing for my lack of appreciation or understanding of the seasons).

As the weather was particularly beautiful and inviting yesterday afternoon, we decided it was the perfect day for a spring picnic! While Will pumped tires and adjusted handle bars (my demon bike keeps attempting to kill me by turning things loose en route) I packed our springy sandwiches--roast chicken, pesto, mozzarella, and tomato--and we set off for Cutteslowe park and sunshine.


Sure, the bike looks innocent while chained up next to a tree, but don't let it fool you...


Our sunny picnic spot along the stream.


The daffodils are everywhere!


Spring rejuvenates the old bones. :)


Dad, Mom and Laura--when you come over in July we MUST go punting.


All this green refreshes my soul!


It wouldn't have been a Spring day at the park without an ice cream cone! Also, these soft whip cones need to go on the list of "Things Brits Do Better." A-ma-zing. Will and I have found a new Spring Sunday tradition...


Oh the poppies.


How I love the poppies!


Aside from the beautiful weather, the bright colors, and the warm sunshine, Spring has most surprised me with its transformational powers. I mean, I always thought of Oxford as picturesque... until Spring happened. It has multiplied Oxford's beauty to the tenth power. Will tells me that there is no such thing as multiplying beauty to the tenth power... but you know what I'm trying to say, right? Hey, I never claimed to be the mathematician in this relationship!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for "punting" (?), walks in the country, soft whip cones, and being in your company!

    ReplyDelete