Thursday 28 October 2010

Hello, New Friend.


Let me preface this by saying that I'm a Christmas girl. Or a Christmas Elf, as my father-in-law has nicknamed me. I generally like to pretend that there is no such thing as Halloween or Thanksgiving (much to the chagrin of my fall-loving husband) and start playing Christmas music as soon as the weather drops to the 70s. Or as soon as Will leaves the house in September. Whichever comes first. This October is different. This October myself, my husband, and three ridiculously over-stuffed suitcases crossed the Atlantic and set up shop in Oxford, England, also known as "The Land of the Four Seasons." This October I found that I am madly in love with fall. The real fall. None of this wimpy South faux fall where the thought of owning a pair of wool socks seems ludicrous. Who knew that Real Fall had such glorious breezes, such brilliantly colored trees, such comfy sweaters, and such fabulous boots? Not this Texas girl! I am discovering October for the first time. We might just become besties. Don't tell December.


Why I am in love...




The leaves. Oh the leaves.



The glorious color red. It's everywhere.



Seriously. Everywhere. The Brits love their vines.



Deliciously Golden.



The cold-induced cuddling.



Beautiful sunny days. And more cuddling!



A visit from Dad. October is the best.



Tweed coats.



Oh Fall, my new friend. Let's hug.






2 comments:

  1. I recognize a few of those pictures, and I remain jealous...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is delightful in Europe. I suppose it would be in New England as well...but I have had fall in France and Germany and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete