Monday 27 December 2010

Christmas Recap

You know you're a grown up when your favorite Christmas gift is a kitchen appliance. That's right--I got a blender for Christmas and I'm gosh darn proud of it! I loved making smoothies back in the States and had been telling Will how much I missed those fruity concoctions and lo and behold the wonderful man bought me a blender. Now that's love, folks. It's currently 12:34 on Monday, I've already had two blueberry/pomogranate/yogurt blends, and I'm not slowing down anytime soon. In fact, I've already trekked into town to purchase more fruit. It's a party in the Brian apartment!

Aside from the general excitement over the blender, we had a very casual, very relaxed Christmas. This being our first Christmas alone as a couple we decided to review our mutual family holiday traditions and pick and choose those we liked best. Good news Mom, the Christmas breakfast pancakes made the cut! Will, being the understanding man that he is, decided to uphold a very famous Hess family Christmas tradition by getting sick. Poor fella has been under the weather for several days prior to Christmas and is still not feeling 100% like his usual self. So we lounged in our pjs, watched West Wing episodes and movies, opened boxes from our families, stuffed our faces with delicious Christmas-y food (Bob, your Cajun stuffed potatoes are a MUST at Christmas!), talked to family members on skype, and enjoyed our low-key, snuggly Christmas.

Of course, we missed each one of you but I have to admit--there was something pretty special about our first Christmas with just the two of us. Who knows, it may also be our last!




No comments:

Post a Comment