Sunday 5 December 2010

This is What Fun Looks Like...



...When it is 29 degrees Fahrenheit outside and your head and chest are more congested than Beltway 8 at rush hour.

That's right, folks. My goal for this post is to categorically destroy any fantastical notions you have of our glamorous life in Oxford. Because for the past week our life has consisted of these four basic routines:

1. Caitlin blowing her nose
2. Caitlin coughing
3. Caitlin blowing her nose again
4. Will taking care of absolutely everything else like the wonderful husband/nurse he is

The cold of all colds is still with me, although slightly weaker today than some days earlier, and I'm now considering naming it like meteorologists name hurricanes. As it is the first epic cold of my life here in Oxford I'm thinking I should start at the beginning of the alphabet--Amelia. Lest you be confused by the personification of this malady, allow me to be clear: Amelia and I are not friends. Amelia has given me sleepless nights, a nose that would make Rudolph feel less self-conscious and an addiction to that yummy tasting decongestant they sell at the drug store. I even went to the doctor to see if they could help but apparently nasty colds (even named ones) are meant to be suffered through here in England and I was turned away without any pharmaceutical aid. I suppose that if I was of the mindset of Calvin's dad I would thank Amelia for all the good she is doing to me...




With Amelia working a number on my immune system and with temperatures hovering below freezing I was forced into hibernation. Until church today I had only ventured outside to change a load of laundry and to return/pick up some library books. The couch and my bum have become very well acquainted. So when Will announced that No Shave November was over I did what any other people-starved, decongestant-high, super-bored couch potato would do. I grabbed my camera.


The beard in all it's glory...


Can't you see the delirium (or is it a touch of fever?) in my eyes? This is the most excitement I've had all week!


Attacking the beard with scissors first. Let the devolution begin.


Every time I see a goatee I think 90s Major League Baseball...


Major League Creeper.


The finished product! What a chin! What a jaw! What a face!



I just love smooth cheek kisses. Hope he doesn't catch anything.



So there you have it--the highlight of my week! I promise that once my head fully clears we'll have more exciting things to post about. Until then, I'm going to gaze adoringly at my hubby's clean shaven face and try to kill off Amelia with high doses of Vitamin C.




No comments:

Post a Comment