Tuesday 8 November 2011

We Left in Fall...


And returned to Winter. We had only been gone five nights and England decided it was time for the ol' season switcheroo. It's a good thing I came back from America with THESE:

"I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows!" ~Buddy the Elf

My feet have never been happier! So happy, in fact, that I may or may not have sung a song about these new beauties as I was zipping them up this morning. It went a little like this:

Boots
By Caitlin Brian
Sung to the tune of "Duke Of Earl"

Boots, boots, boots,
Boots of mine, mine, mine,
Boots of mine, mine, mine,
Boots of mine.


Yes I know. I have the gift of song.


But America was far more than an awesome early Christmas present (thanks, parents!). This America trip happened because of these two crazy kids:


Mr. and Mrs. Steven Folz! (courtesy of Abigail Carpenter Photography).

Erin and Steven were the first couple friends we made as newlyweds. Everything in life was new then--new city (for me), new church, new job, new lifestyle--and Erin and Steven's friendship was such a blessing in all of the new-ness. We packed in so many adventures, game nights, movies, deep conversations, and great food in that year that whenever I look back on our time in NOLA I will always think of them. It was an honor to be in their wedding--we were beyond thrilled! Actually, we were beyond emotional. I usually don't consider myself to be a wedding cry baby but, man! My defenses were useless against those two! At least I was in good company... right, Willis? :)

A great wedding combined with great family time made for one fast paced but incredibly wonderful few days back in the States. Oh, and did I mention that we got to watch LSU beat Alabama while surrounded by LSU fans/Alabama haters?? God is so good. Great trip, y'all. Great trip.






3 comments:

  1. We sure enjoy the places you've lived since you married! (Keep it up!) It's added some snap to our lives and we had a great time visiting you again back in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots look lovely! I'm building up quite a collection myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get your boots? I like them and am in the market...

    ReplyDelete