Tuesday 5 October 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is....

...And my heart just so happens to be located at Oxford University's Summertown Flats! And you thought I was going to say something sappy about my husband, didn't you? Ha!

Ok fine. I love him lots and will go with him anywhere. Happy now? :)

But as I was saying! We are (almost) official tenants of number 28 Summertown Flats. The rooms are itty-bitty, in true British fashion, but we are ecstatic to finally be settling somewhere. We sign all of the official paperwork tomorrow and then us and our ridiculously stuffed suitcases (thanks, Anne-Elise!) will finally be home.

Will I look back on our time of homelessness with fondness? Probably not. Well, maybe a little. We did learn something after all. We learned that not all Brits are unfriendly (my grumpy, jet lagged first impression). The Christians here are just as warm and inviting as Aunt Bee (and their accents are far superior). We learned that the Lord truly does know the number of hairs on our heads (and Will's face) and is lovingly guiding, caring for and supporting us through all types of situations--comfortable and uncomfortable. We also learned why Americans are fat--gigantic portions and not walking 8 miles a day. 3 of those were uphill. No joke. But I digress...

Once I have our official mailing address I will post it here. And if you send us something it will arrive in our little silver mail slot in our little British door. Also, I seem to have misplaced (or left behind) the cord that connects the camera to the laptop so once I locate that important piece of technology I will upload all of our pictures. Perhaps this is just a ploy to keep you all interested in reading...or it could just be my inability to stay on top of my life. Will we ever know? I surely won't tell.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Summertown is supposed to be a pretty cool part of Oxford (so I've read anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a home! I'm glad the homelessness part of your adventure is about to come to an end. Adventures are much more fun when universal human needs such as shelter are attended to. Also, I'm looking forward to the pictures. You're much more reliable about that sort of thing than I am and I can't wait to see the Harry Potter-ness of your new life. Cheers darling. (Is that something Britishers would say? It sounds very British, but who knows. Also, Indians (of South Asia, not of Native American descent) call people from the UK "Britishers" and I can't tell if it sounds right or not because I'm so used to it. You should try it out and let me know how it goes). Love LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it move-in day yet? We're ready to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard Aunt Bee was kind of a "b" in real life. So I wouldn't go spreading that analogy around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone should take Alex's keyboard away from him! Speaking poorly of "Andy Griffith" is right up there with treason.

    ReplyDelete