Friday 12 November 2010

Weekend Plans and a Short Video Treat From Yours Truly

First of all I have to wish my wonderful husband a very happy 25th birth week! That's right--7 days of (inexpensive) birthday celebration! We had originally planned on topping off the festivities with a trip to London this Saturday, however, after taking a good look at our finances we decided to save that very expensive city for a later time (i.e., when I have a job). Instead, we will be stretching our legs (and not our pocketbooks!) by experimenting with another countryside walk. This walk is supposed to be 17 miles long, winding through several old villages and cutting across Blenheim Palace grounds, but we have tinkered with the directions ever so slightly in order to lengthen our time at Blenheim (seeing the inside and outside) and shortening the mileage for a certain wimp in this marriage that shall remained unnamed. Need another hint? This wimp has NOT run two marathons. Ok fine, it's me. I have all confidence in my legs up to about 12-13 miles but after that I really cannot be sure. The husband readily agreed with my suggestion to shorten the hike, seeing as how he did not want any whining and/or requests for piggyback rides to dampen the experience. :)

And now, because I love you, my faithful good-looking readers, a video for your entertainment and enlightenment! Because Brits do this better, too.



4 comments:

  1. Is that Cutteslowe Park (or however you spell it?)... so you are just inside the Ring Road "loop"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, that's another portion of Port Meadow (the Common Lands). We found a way to access it closer to our part of town and it was heavenly! Swans and horses and cows, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like your loop better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know what houston loop you're referring to... when i think loop, i think circle highway thing that connects highways. not so much?

    ReplyDelete